PiggyBacking

Writer's Note: Another entry courtesy of my alter ego - Mr. Snarky.

Mr. Snarky is just that: snarky. Snide, cruel, cutting, extremely critical. All words that describe Mr. Snarky and - at times - me. Unforgiving is another apt description. I just don't get how some people navigate through life without falling off a cliff.

Anyway, the following rant is from Mr. Snarky. Enjoy.

- - -

January 24, 2019 - Many things on Facebook are annoying. In fact, Facebook itself can be very annoying. As I've posted here previously, some people just don't "get it" when it comes to how to post or respond to others. (Note: I'm not talking about trolls or folks "flaming" one another.)

For example, Facebook's birthday notification process. If you put your birthday out there when you first enrolled, then your FB friends will get a notification on (or, around) your birthday. Some people turn off the option or don't allow others to post on their timeline.

The folks who crack me up, however, are those who can't take an additional fifteen seconds (yes, I timed it once) to click on the FB notification, put the cursor in the text box below your name, and type "Happy Birthday!" Honestly, it amazes me how some people get through the day unscathed.

What these people do instead is they see an update from moi and they "piggyback" off of my Happy Birthday post. Why? Is it really that difficult to go to the birthday girl's timeline and type a birthday message of your own? Are you just lazy? Stupid? Or a little of both?



Seriously, why are you hijacking my Happy Birthday post? Start your own thread!

Other annoying thing about this is that most of the people who "piggyback" aren't even close friends or close FB friends. I'm not sure why they're even watching my FB activity.

Just another snarky rant.

Final note: According to the web, piggyback or piggybacking mean the following:

If you piggyback on something that someone else has thought of or done, you use it to your advantage.
Courtesy of Collins English Dictionary

Comments